About

Established in 2002 by Henry Oehlke, The 530 Shop, ltd. is housed in the building originally built in 1927 for H.A. Oehlke Clothiers. The architects for the building were Walker and Weeks of Cleveland. Built on the site that was formerly occupied by Horn Brothers Meat Market. H.A. Oehlke Clothiers moved from 608 Broadway and held their grand opening at 530 Broadway March 1928. When H.A. Oehlke retired in 1940 Richman Brothers Clothing leased the building, followed by Clear Sylk Hosiery and Betty Gay Clothing.


Through the years

Lorain’s Broadway Downtown Revitalization 2010

Awards

Parking

There is a parking lot located behind the buildings accessible on Sixth Street.